New Orleans Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Lawyer
Injury or Death in Southeast Louisiana Elder Care Facilities
Does your loved one in a nursing home have unexplained injuries? Do you suspect that an accident, illness or unexpected death stemmed from substandard care? Did the facility even inform you about your family member’s condition?
The Law Offices of David Aden can investigate your suspicions of nursing neglect or abuse. I am a lawyer and a licensed nurse who formerly worked in the health care industry. I can spot the signs of medical negligence and inadequate care and pursue your loved one’s legal remedies.
I am a solo attorney in New Orleans who handles cases of serious injury and wrongful death in Jefferson Parish, Orleans Parish and southeast Louisiana. Contact me today for a free consultation.
Failure to Care for Those Who Are Most Vulnerable
Nursing homes are supposed to provide the medical supervision and round-the-clock care that families cannot. It is a sickening feeling to learn that your elderly parent or other loved one suffered harm because of neglect, mistreatment or incompetence.
As a former nurse and health care administrator, I can decipher the nursing charts and medical records to determine if the facility can be held liable. I am familiar with all types of nursing home negligence:
- Bed sores (decubitus ulcers) — painful wounds from failure of staff to turn the patient regularly
- Falls and broken bones — falls from bed, slip-and-fall injuries while walking or bathing unassisted, injuries during transfer or transport
- Dehydration and malnutrition — failure to monitor food and fluid intake, ignoring dietary restrictions, failing to assist with eating
- Medication errors — wrong dose or wrong drug or adverse reaction
- Undiagnosed illness — failure to assess, failure to listen to the patient, failure to follow up
- Delayed treatment — failure to summon a physician or transfer to a hospital
- Abuse and neglect —physical or sexual abuse, verbal abuse or punishment, failure to monitor or attend to patients
Many nursing home injuries stem from understaffing, poor training and failure to follow procedures and policies. Staff and administrators often do not report acute medical issues in a timely fashion or do not inform state authorities or the family when injuries occur.
New Orleans Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Attorney
My background in nursing and evaluating patient care helps me hold nursing homes accountable for professional negligence and shameful treatment of residents. I will pursue monetary compensation for medical intervention, lasting disability, and pain and suffering, or for a loved one’s undignified and premature death.
For a free initial consultation with a Metairie bed sores attorney, call me at 504-599-5941, or contact me online and I will respond shortly.