New Orleans Employment Discrimination Lawyer
Upholding the Rights of Employees Who Have Been Wronged
Employers seem to hold all the cards, especially in these recessionary times when jobs are hard to come by. However, employers lose the upper hand when they cross the line into discriminatory or retaliatory behavior.
The Law Offices of David Aden provides vigorous representation to employees in employment discrimination claims. As a solo lawyer I will personally guide you through the system in pursuit of your legal remedies. I represent workers in New Orleans, Metairie and surrounding southeast Louisiana.
I represent employees in any line of work, but from my background in nursing and hospital administration I am attuned to special issues for nurses and health care workers who face discrimination on the job.
Harassment · Discrimination · Failure to Accommodate · Retaliation · Termination
Louisiana is an at-will employment state, which means that employers have much discretion in hiring, firing, compensation and other facets of employment. However, you do have certain rights under state and federal employment laws, especially if you are a member of a protected class of workers.
I handle all cases of adverse employment actions in violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other protections:
- Employment discrimination on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, pregnancy or disability in hiring, pay, promotions, discipline or other actions
- Failure to make reasonable accommodation of a physical or mental disability
- Violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), such as denying leave or terminating women who take maternity leave
- Sexual harassment, from unwanted advances to conduct constituting a hostile work environment
- Retaliation such as demotion, transfer or hostility for reporting harassment, filing workers’ comp claims or bringing complaints against the company
- Wrongful termination for discriminatory reasons or for whistleblowing on illegal activities
New Orleans and Metairie Sexual Harassment Attorney
I will sit down with you to listen to your story and explain your rights and your options. If you decide to proceed, I will faithfully pursue compensation such as back pay, front pay and damages for emotional distress.
To speak with a New Orleans employment discrimination attorney for a free initial consultation at 504-599-5941, or contact me online and I will respond shortly.